Mon. – Fri. | 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
About Pediatric Nephrology
Pediatric Nephrology is part of Boston Children’s Health Physicians (BCHP), formerly Children’s & Women’s Physicians of Westchester (CWPW). BCHP is a member of the Boston Children’s Hospital integrated network of care locations and partnerships, ranked the #1 pediatric hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
The mission of Pediatric Nephrology is to:
- Provide state-of-the art, family-centered care to infants, children, teenagers and young adults who have kidney disease or high blood pressure.
- To treat the entire child, and not just his or her illness, by providing support for each child’s emotional, social and educational goals.
- To work together with families to transition our patients into healthy and well-adjusted adults.
- To engage in education and cutting edge research to advance the care and understanding of those with kidney disease.
Our full-time team of three pediatric nephrologists, have graduated from amongst the best training programs in the country and hold academic positions at New York Medical College.
Our services include:
- 3 full time board certified pediatric nephrologists
- 24-hour coverage and access to an on-call pediatric nephrologist
- a complete Pediatric Kidney Transplant Program comprised of surgeons, social workers, child life specialists, financial counselors, transplant coordinators and psychologists
- dialysis (hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and continuous renal replacement) as well as designated pediatric dialysis nursing and services
- a dedicated nurse and research coordinator
- nutritional, social work and child life services
- kidney biopsy
- ultrasounds and advanced kidney imaging
- genetic testing in collaboration with Boston Children’s Hospital
- immunotherapy (rituximab, IVIG, cyclophosphamide, eculizumab, and others)
- support groups for patients and families with chronic kidney disease and kidney transplant
We are a major referral center for children of all ages from New York City; Westchester, Putnam, Orange, Duchess and Rockland Counties; upstate New York; and Connecticut.
We provide expertise in all aspects of kidney disease including:
- kidney transplant
- high blood pressure
- acute kidney injury
- proteinuria (protein in the urine) and nephrotic syndrome
- hematuria (blood in the urine)
- urinary tract infections
- hydronephrosis and vesicoureteral reflux
- kidney stones
- autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease and other cystic diseases of the kidney
- lupus nephritis
- acute and chronic glomerulonephritis
- acid/base and electrolyte disorders
- tuberous sclerosis
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura and IgA nephropathy
- Alport’s syndrome
Our physicians are active in nephrology research. For a description of our current research and selected publications view our research and publications page.
We are actively involved in the Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium and the Chronic Kidney Disease in Children Study (CKiD) participating in multicenter leading edge research to advance the care of children affected by kidney disease.
We have six outpatient office locations throughout New York and Connecticut. We also have admitting privileges and provide inpatient consultations at Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital. While specific hours vary by practice location and provider, our general office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. To schedule an appointment, speak to your provider. For after-hours emergencies please call 914-493-7583.
BCHP Bradhurst Avenue Specialty Offices
19 Bradhurst Ave., Suite 2400, Hawthorne, NY 10532Suffern Medical Pavilion
257 Lafayaette Ave., Suite 390, Suffern, NY 10901BCHP Middletown Specialty Office
100 Crystal Run Rd., Suite 108, Middletown, NY 10941
BCHP Poughkeepsie Specialty Office
104 Fulton Ave., Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Pediatric Urology Associates
1200 High Ridge Rd., 3rd Floor, Stamford, CT 06905Danbury Hospital
67 Sandpit Rd., Suite 204, Danbury, CT 06810
For referring providers
Download our specialty sheet for a complete list of our Pediatric Nephrology locations by county.
Chief of Pediatric Nephrology
Pediatric Nephrology staff