There is increased recognition within the Pediatric community that early diagnosis of health, developmental and behavioral issues in children and adolescents is extremely beneficial in successfully treating them. It is now recommended to use pre-visit screening tools to assist with early identification.
CHADIS (Child Health and Development Interactive System) is an Internet-based system through which you complete questionnaires prior to each visit, in order to track your child’s development as well as inform us of the topics you want to discuss. Please log into CHADIS two weeks prior to your child’s well check and complete the assigned questionnaires.
CHADIS Helps Families:
- Tell the provider about any goals for the visit.
- Share problems or concerns and ask questions.
- Track a child’s development.
- Identify health and safety risks
- Connect providers, families, and teachers so that everyone can provide information and updates about how a child is doing.
Teenagers should provide information to their doctor independently of their parents.
- CHADIS provides a confidential way for Teens to communicate directly with their provider.
- Teens do not see Parent answers, and Parents do not see Teen answers.
Early diagnosis of health, developmental and behavioral issues in children and adolescents are important to having the best outcomes for families. Getting the right diagnosis and management plan mostly depends on getting accurate information from patients and parents. CHADIS questionnaires put families and clinicians in a better position to share in the decision-making.
These questionnaires are recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and we are glad to be a leader in providing them to you. As a partner in your child’s healthcare, your input is essential in helping us provide the best care possible. We are dedicated to this goal and we believe CHADIS is a great new tool for achieving this objective.