Joseph L. Giamelli, MD, FSCAI– Board Certification in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology
- Attending Physician, Pediatric Cardiology & Intervention, Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, Westchester Medical Center Health Network
- Assistant Professor of Cardiology, New York Medical College
- Advisory Dean of Students, New York Medical College
Education & Training:
Undergraduate – Manhattan College
Medical School – New York Medical College
Residency – Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, Westchester Medical Center Health Network (Chief Resident 2005-06)
Fellowship – Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York [formerly Schneider’s Children’s Hospital (Chief Fellow 2008-09)]
Senior Fellowship – Boston Children’s Hospital
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention, Fellow
- American Heart Association, Regional Board of Directors for the Hudson Valley
- AABR/New York Child Learning Institute, Board Member
- New York Medical College Alumni Association, Vice President
Dr. Giamelli has been a native to Westchester County and the Greater Hudson Valley all his life. Upon completion of his pediatric cardiac fellowship, Dr. Giamelli went on to further his knowledge and skills as a Senior Fellow, at Boston Children’s Hospital, where he assisted in various complex cardiac procedures in the field of cardiac catheterization and intervention. After completion of his sub-specialty training he joined Boston Children’s Health Physicians, formally CWPW, to provide highly skilled patient care and services in the areas of pediatric cardiology and cardiac intervention.
Dr. Giamelli has privileges at ten neighboring hospitals providing pediatric cardiology consultation services and outpatient clinical care to the surrounding Hudson Valley and lower Connecticut area. Dr. Giamelli continues to bring his expertise to Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, where he is a vital contributor to pediatric inpatient and ICU care, in addition to performing interventional procedures, using the latest technology to provide cutting edge care for his patients.
Dr. Giamelli also devotes his time and expertise towards education, mentoring and empowering medical students and pediatric residents both locally and abroad. As a Quality Council representative, for Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital and Boston Children’s Health Physicians, his contributions and insight towards advancing practice performance and ensuring quality improvement are invaluable.