LMSW/LMHC Behavioral Health Consultant – Per Diem
Per Diem position; covering for a maternity leave. Position expected to start Late January, 2019 and go to June 2019
$22- 24.00 an hour and 20 hours per week. Evenings and/or Saturday required.
Seeking a Behavioral Health Consultant for Washingtonville, New York to work in primary care practices of Boston Children’s Health Physicians. This position requires availability Monday-Friday. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently. The Behavioral Health Consultant will work with the Primary Care Providers at the site to provide care to: patients with mental health concerns; families and patients with chronic illnesses; and parents of children who need assistance in modifying behavior.
As a part of employment, Behavioral Health Consultants will receive supervision hours from a LCSW-R for advanced certification.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities include:
- Strong assessment skills
- Competence in the delivery of crisis intervention services and in brief and time-limited therapy
- Experience working with parents on behavioral management and child development education
- Ability to demonstrate commitment, caring, and respect for children and adults from diverse backgrounds who have multiple needs or problems
- Ability to develop medical/behavioral treatment plans and coordinate needed services to fulfill plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with primary care staff, patients, and other behavioral health clinicians
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence based treatments for mental health conditions
Principle Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide psycho-social education as needed with particular emphasis on childhood development and adolescent development
- Assist the primary care health provider in recognizing and treating mental health and psychosocial concerns
- Provide functional and strength based assessment and diagnosis
- Provide motivational interviewing to develop behavioral strategies aimed at symptom reduction
- Complete all required charting in patient’s electronic medical record
- Assist in care coordination and care planning, and provide referrals to appropriate community agencies as necessary
Required experience includes:
- Current NYS LMSW or LMHC license required or license eligible
- Experience working with children and/or adolescents required
Location: Washingtonville, New York