|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team. The position will be located in Hawthorne, NY and have a schedule of Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Accounting Staff and Assistants
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Prepare Daily Cash Forecast and reconcile to the general ledger.
- Download, prepare and record salary allocations for biweekly and semi-monthly payrolls.
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliation to general ledger and Paychex reports.
- Prepare and record dental, health and vision insurance costs by division.
- Prepare and record patient revenue from the billing production report received monthly.
- Record journal entries for monthly revenue, billing fees and administrative dues.
- Distribute monthly collection report to Department Chiefs.
- Maintain and update physician incentive payment calculations.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements for all company accounts.
- Analyze general ledger activities and reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Process and coordinate month-end closing by recording all journal entries as needed.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supporting schedules for Management.
- Generate and distribute monthly income statements, supporting schedules, and revenue reports to all Department Chiefs.
- Prepare work papers for the annual year end audit performed by independent auditors.
- Perform special projects assigned by CFO and Directors.
- Proven experience as a Sr. Accountant or Accounting Supervisor.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- QuickBooks and Budget Maestro knowledge a plus.