|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Call Center Representative
Seeking 3 Call Center Representatives to join BCHP. Each of our 3 open positions will have different shifts, the shifts can be found below.
1st Position shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
2nd Position shift: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
3rd Position shift: Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm
- Reporting directly to BCHP Access and Physician Liaison leadership, the Call Center Representative is responsible for taking phone calls from patients and referring providers and ensuring that the requested appointments are scheduled in a timely manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Following provided scripts, answering a large volume of incoming calls and connecting the callers to the requested specialty or office to schedule appointments or to ensure the caller’s questions are received by the appropriate division (i.e. requests for phone consults only).
- Retrieving and promptly returning messages left on the after-hours voicemail system.
- Connecting calls to the desired division / office through three-way conferencing and remaining on the line to ensure the requested appointment is scheduled or concern addressed.
- Assisting with resolving any barriers to successfully scheduling the requested appointment. Escalating to division management and/or direct superiors, when necessary, if the requested specialty / office cannot be reached or the appointment cannot be provided as requested.
- Logging all calls in the call center database, ensuring all fields are completed accurately. (Of note, accurately logging the call source is of extreme importance for various marketing initiatives).
- Running database reports daily to ensure all open cases receive timely follow-up and resolution.
- Conducting follow up on scheduled appointments to confirm that patient arrived and was seen as scheduled and updating the database with this information.
Job Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous call center or medical office scheduling experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly and concisely in a pleasant manner at all times. Will be held to the highest customer service standards.
- Detail oriented and able to problem solve and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Be reliable and punctual and ensure adherence to all BCHP policies, procedures and employee handbook rules.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by superiors, from time-to-time.
- Ability to change work hours on an infrequent but as-needed basis.