|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Full Time LPN
Seeking a full time LPN for a busy Pediatric Speciality office in Hopewell Junction, NY.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes patients vital signs, height and weight
- Assists physician, prepares and stocks exam rooms
- Assigns patients and physicians to exam rooms
- Prepares daily assignment for medical support staff
- Communicates with front desk staff as necessary
- Provides direct and individualized nursing care, dressing wounds and incisions as directed by physician
- Assists physicians during patient exam
- Prepares, administers and records medications in accordance with division policy and procedure as directed
- Maintains appropriate supply of medications, immunizations and general nursing supplies
- Performs various testing which may include but not limited to – spirometry, EKG, urinalysis
- Triage phone calls answering basic questions and referring to physician when need arises.
- Records information concisely, accurately and completely in patient charts and/or on forms, etc
- Follow- up on diagnostic testing/lab results
- Ensure that test results are incorporated in patient chart
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment as necessary, calls prescriptions in to pharmacies
- Maintains strictest confidentiality of patient’s records in accordance with BCHP policy and HIPAA regulations
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities accordingly.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure the smooth functioning of the office