|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bilingual Administrative Assistant II for the Division of Medical Genetics
Provide a wide variety of administrative support to the Division of Medical Genetics, including coordination of care for patients served in the practice and management of data for approved clinical studies in the Division. The applicant must be highly organized, detailed orientated, reliable and possess the ability to work independently and efficiently; the ability to screen and prioritize tasks is essential. In this medical setting, excellent written and oral communication skills are required with exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and discretion.
The applicant must be computer proficient with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and data management software. Prior experience in a medical office is desirable. A bachelor’s degree is preferred with 3-5 years or equivalent combination of related administrative or research experience. Proficiency in Spanish is a must.
Specific Job Duties – Inherited Metabolic Disease Center (IMDC):
- Manage/schedule all interactions/appointments for the IMDC patients based on protocol &/or medical need on an ongoing basis including but not limited to clinic visits, blood draws, transportation, translation, obtaining results & arranging follow-up.
- Document any and all activities related to the patient that occurs in the clinic or by phone.
- Schedule appointments & lab visits for the main office, & all satellite offices, collect notes & results in a timely fashion and communicate with the provider as needed.
- Prepare all laboratory requests according to protocol & communicate with the families & staff accordingly.
- Function as the advocate and the contact person for the IMDC families to assure continued optimum care especially for our Spanish-speaking families.
- Obtain lab results in a timely fashion and disseminate to the IMDC faculty to review for any follow up as needed.
- Arrange all special tests, including consents and assure/maintain a copy of the consents in the chart.
- Manage & maintain a system for obtaining insurance authorization for enteral formulas, medications, clinic visits, and blood draws including letters of medical determination/necessity.
- Coordinate all IMDC trials/study related documents. Responsible for data entry, collection of source documents, maintenance of records in the EDC system, and answer queries in a timely manner. Prepare for trial Monitoring visits as scheduled.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain medical records for IMDC patients.
- Send template letter to patient’s MD with copy of lab results, if appropriate, particularly with patients who have been referred by Newborn Screening (NBS).
- Create and modify documents such as records, reports, memos, and letters as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
The applicant should have/be:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, reliable, and punctual
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills with the IMDC faculty & staff in addition to with the patients & families
- Ability to function independently and efficiently while actively participating as a team player
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)