Seeking a Full Time RN Care Manager in Westchester, NY to work with the Quality Department and affiliate practices of Boston Children’s Health Physicians. This position requires availability Monday-Friday as well as the willingness to travel offsite. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently. Candidate will work with the sites who are transforming to Patient-Centered Medical Homes to provide care management services to their high-risk patients.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Identify patients for Care Management
• Coordinates healthcare services for patient through risk assessment of their chronic conditions and/or healthcare needs.
• Utilizes care management process to guide service delivery thought the health continuum to ensure quality care is delivered in the most efficient, safe, and effective manner.
• Develops patient-centered, individualized care plans that include outcomes and goals coaching and aligning with community services (teaching, apply, utilize).
• Supports primary care provider to implement the integrated plan to achieve the desired outcomes.
• Utilizes protocols set with evidence-based guidelines, in collaboration with the physicians, to guide their care management methodology.
• Provides disease specific educational support to patients and families
• Establishes patient engagement, effective communication and nursing interventions to minimize avoidable acute care situations, such as admissions, readmissions and ED visits.
• Collaborates with practice physicians and administration to utilize outcome data in patient educations programs and clinical applications.
• Manages assigned panel of high risk chronic care patients – longitudinal care management.
• Collaborates with patients, families and physicians to assess patient’s progress toward their goals and assess barriers when patients have not met their goals or have not kept appointments.
• Follows up with patients who have been discharged from the ED and hospital to complete medication reconciliation and compliance with medical recommendations – episodic care management.
• Develops relationships with community agencies and other healthcare organizations and agencies to ensure smooth transition of care for patients.
Required experience includes:
• Current NYS RN license required
• BSN degree preferred
• Care Management or home health experience required
• Experience in pediatric ICU strongly preferred
• Experience with Patient Centered Medical Home is strongly desired
• Ability to travel to multiple locations in the tri state area
The EHR Training Implementation & Training Specialist has the primary responsibility for the successful implementation, training and education support of NextGen’s practice solutions. The Implementation & Training Specialist is responsible for coordination and training of physicians and employees to affect compliant and efficient workflow resulting in effective and complaint clinical operations and documentation of professional services.
The EHR Implementation & Training Specialist will plan, support and oversee clinical implementation to assure effective use of practice resources. Additionally, the candidate will coordinate internal and external resources, training schedules, system development requirements and general project management activities. This position also fully supports growth and enhancement initiatives related to EHR operations and workflow support and training for meaningful use benchmarks.
Employee and physician training for all clinical EHR system Implementation projects
EHR system training for new Employees on an on-going basis post implementation
Training Programs covering EHR system version upgrades
Evaluation And redesign of workflow to improve efficient clinical/office Operations
Training to support EHR system related process Changes
Assists in application testing and audits for Upgrades and enhancements
Documentation of operational Procedures; updating and maintenance of end-user training Manuals
Participation & coordination with I/T for system Demonstrations
Coordinating interface installations with Outside vendors
Other training duties, as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in IT or Healthcare preferred or the Equivalent combination of education and significant work Experience
Minimum of two years working in an ambulatory Clinical setting
A minimum of two years prior experience In the use and/or implementation of clinical information Systems
Demonstrated working knowledge of physician practice Operations including clinical, clerical and billing operation Workflow
Must have strong customer service skills and be Able to establish a rapport with physicians and staff at all levels Of the organization
Must possess excellent verbal and Written communication skills
Must be able to handle Multiple concurrent jobs
Must be able to travel to Multiple office locations in the tri-state area
Must have a Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
Seeking a Full Time Certified Medical Assistant for a busy Pediatric Office located in Croton, NY. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting the Physicians with routine clinical exams and procedures, lab work (this includes finger sticks and venipuncture), taking vital signs, scanning, faxing, keeping patient information updated, preparing the exam room, etc. Ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of medical office experience. Hours Monday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-12pm.
Seeking a Full Time Developmental / Behavioral, Nurse Practitioner to work in Westchester and Rockland, NY.
Full-time position. Competitive compensation with great benefits package. This is an exciting opportunity to expand pediatric developmental and/or complex care services, and to work in an outpatient setting that cares for children with a variety of complex and special health care needs. Join our team of developmental behavioral pediatricians along with a complement of other pediatric subspecialties.
REF# DEV PEDS
Seeking a full time LPN for a busy Pediatric office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to taking patient vital signs, administering vaccines, allergy shots, spirometry, finger sticks, and in-office procedures, office operational support, NextGen experience a plus.
Seeking a Full Time Triage RN for a busy Pediatric Neurology practice located in Westchester, NY. The Triage Nurse will utilize their knowledge of professional nursing concepts to determine and assess the medical needs of patients. The Triage Nurse will be responsible to evaluate the health care needs of patients during daytime office hours, entering and queuing medications directly with EMR/NextGen , preparing medication documentation for physicians to sign off, etc.
• NY RN License
• Possesses the ability to clearly communicate patient education information both in person and via the phone
• NextGen experience
• Neurology experience
• Computer literate
We have an immediate opening for an additional clinical research coordinator to join our 3 current research coordinators in successful performance and completion of clinical trials. Our division participates in multiple clinical trials, primarily in children, but also adults. Our clinical trials are primarily designed to test new therapies for asthma and cystic fibrosis.
Responsibilities included (but are not limited to):
All study coordinators in the division work together on all current studies, sharing in the following responsibilities:
a) Conduct clinical studies as outlined in the study protocol performing study procedures according to recognized skill level and certifications and within the local and federal regulations and guidelines; some of the procedures may be invasive such as venipuncture IV insertion and injections. Adhere to good clinical practices ICH/GCP regulations and acts as a patient/family advocate.
b) Assist in the recruitment plan and manages screening and recruitment logs; completes recruitment summary at study close (if applicable)
c) Obtain informed consent/assent from subject and/or legal guardian and verifies along with the study investigator(s) that subject meets inclusion/exclusion criteria prior to performing study procedures.
d) Enroll subjects and coordinates and/or schedules subject study visits. To successfully recruit and retain study subjects, coordinators may be required at time to perform study visits evenings and Saturdays.
e) Collect and maintain accurate study data and subject information and complete Case Report Forms (CRFs) as instructed ensuring that CRFs are completed prior to monitoring visits (if applicable); may include creating source documents to facilitate data collection and record keeping
f) Collects biological specimens as needed according to skill level and certifications; processes these samples for use in research studies or shipment. Performs CLIA waived laboratory assessments as needed. Such activities may be performed independently and may require evening and weekend hours.
• Graduate of an approved school/college of nursing and licensed for practice as either an LPN or RN in New York; BS/BSN preferred.
• Ability to obtain clinical research professional certification in timely manner;
• Previous experience in clinical research, especially in children.
• Spanish-speaking a plus.
• Working knowledge of PCs including word processing and data management software
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Attention to detail and punctuality
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to actively participate as a team player
• Goal-oriented; self-directed learner
• Initiation, motivation, creativity
Seeking a Full Time Certified Medical Assistant for a busy Pediatric Office located in Warwick, NY. This candidate must have a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the Physicians with routine clinical exams and procedures, lab work (this includes finger sticks and venipunctures, taking vital signs, scanning, faxing, keeping patient information updated, preparing the exam room, etc. Candidates must be organized, responsible, friendly, personable and have the ability to multitask. EMR experience is preferred but not a requirement.
Saturday availability needed. Salary is based on experience.