Seeking a Full Time Social Worker to join a busy Pediatric Pulmonology team of physicians, dieticians, respiratory therapists, nurses and clerical staff located in Valhalla, NY. Our team provides care for a wide variety of chronic respiratory illnesses including Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma and technology dependent children. Candidate must be organized, detail oriented, extremely reliable, proactive, self-motivated with a positive attitude. EMR experience and expertise in Microsoft Excel is a plus. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing assessments and counseling patients and their families regarding the psychosocial aspects of their chronic respiratory illnesses.
• Advocacy to help patients and their families negotiate multiple systems, including insurance, employment, etc.
• Support family centered care to provide optimal management of their illnesses.
• Management of Cystic Fibrosis Center newborn screen program.
• Coordinate team based quality improvement work.
• Assistance with CF national patient registry.
• Participation in CF Foundation grant supported work.
Pediatric and/or Pulmonology experience preferred
Please fax resume to 594-2336
Ref # PULM