Apheresis RN/Pediatrics – Full Time – Valhalla, NY
This position is responsible for the planning and delivery of family-centered patient care utilizing the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for blood and apheresis donors and patients undergoing apheresis based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Promote and provide excellence in nursing care.
• Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in the clinical specialty of apheresis, including whole blood and donor apheresis collections, and therapeutic apheresis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited school.
• Excellent customer satisfaction skills and effective communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and complete duties in a timely and organized manner
• Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in response to unexpected changes in work load/staffing;
• Care with sensitivity and respect; advance care through development of new ideas and technology;
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support
• Basic Life Support
• Registered Nurse
NY REF# HEMATOTHERAPY